Two Minute Sponge Cakes
Two Minute Sponge Cupcakes
This recipe for Two Minute Sponge Cupcakes has been passed down from Grandmother to my Mother to me and to my children.
No special way of preparing this batter – just throw all the ingredients into a bowl together and beat. You cant mess this up, each cake will be soft and light like a traditional sponge cake
These Two Minute Cupcakes freeze great.
This recipe base is great – they can be iced and decorated, made into Butterfly Cakes with cream (below) or dipped into jelly and rolled in coconut to create Jelly Cakes. (pictured right)
TWO MINUTE SPONGE CUPCAKES
- 157 grams (5.5 oz) Self Raising Flour
- 184 grams (6.4 oz) White Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 1 tablespoon Butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven to 180 celcius (350 f)
- Put all ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix well using an electric beater.
- Put paper cases into a cupcake tin or muffin tin.
- Spoon batter evenly into each case.
- Cook in the oven for approx 10 – 15 minutes. Until its a light golden colour or until the cake springs back when touched
- Turn onto a wire cooling rack and allow to cool before decorating.