By: Simone Christensen
This Prune and Pecan Diamonds recipe is direct from the Australian Prune Industry. This recipe used to appear on the packaging from Verity Prunes.
20 cm x 30 cm Baking Tray (7.8 inches x 11.8 inches)
Moderate Oven between 180-190 °C (350-375 °F)
Moderately Slow Oven between 160 – 170 Celcius (325 -350 F)
Pastry Base Ingredients:
- 185 grams Butter, , softened
- 4 tablespoons Caster Sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ½ cups Plain Flour, , sifted
- 1 ½ cups Brown Sugar
- 250 grams Unsalted Butter
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2 ½ cups Pecans, , coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ cups Prunes, , pitted and chopped up
- ¼ cup Cream
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg yolks and the flour.
- Spread mix into a greased oven tray
- Bake in a moderate oven for 10 mins.
- In a saucepan combine over low heat brown sugar, unsalted butter and honey.
- Stir until the butter and sugar dissolves.
- Allow to boil for 1 minute then remove from heat.
- Stir in pecans, prunes and cream
- Bring to boil, then immediately spread over pastry base.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 15 mins.
- Reduce oven temperature to moderately slow and bake for another 15 mins
- Let slice cool before slicing and removing from tray.