About this Recipe
By: Simone Christensen
Easy to make, this Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe uses a whole tin of crushed pineapple to make a very moist cake.
It’s loaded with pineapple flavour because we use all the natural juices in the tin so remember no draining the can of pineapple!
It is the perfect no effort cake to make for family, afternoon tea or for when guests are coming. It’s my favourite type of recipe to make – a quick dump all the ingredients into a bowl and beat recipe. Then hey presto! You have a delicious cake that is sure to impress anyone which was made with minimal effort.
- 432 grams (15.2 oz) Dole crushed pineapple in 100% juice, do not drain
- 317 grams (11.1 oz) Plain Flour, (All Purpose Flour)
- 334 grams (11.7 oz) Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 250 grams (8.8 oz) Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 110 grams (3.8 oz) Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 235 grams (8.2 oz) Icing Sugar, (powdered sugar)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- Preheat oven to 176 celcius (350 F).
- Put all cake ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix to combine.
- Do not grease baking tin. Pour mixture into a 22 x 33 cm (9 x 13 in) baking tin.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until just golden and baked through.
- Add your frosting ingredients into a large bowl and beat until combined and smooth.
- Spread the frosting on the cake right in the pan. Let cool, then refrigerate.
- Serve cold and enjoy!!