By: Simone Christensen
The No Bake Chocolate Cornflake Slice is a perfect recipe for kids to make.
The slice has the creaminess of peanut butter combined with the crunchiness of cornflakes with a chocolate topping.
When I first made the No Bake Chocolate Cornflake slice I put it in the fridge overnight for the chocolate to set. The result in the morning was a firm and crunchy texture so be prepared for crumbles. I also found it was too hard to cut so i just broke it into random size pieces like chocolate bark. Be prepared for it to sit on the bench for a few hours for it to soften so it can be cut.
The second time I made the cornflake slice I put the base in the fridge to set for the required 30 mins as in the recipe instructions but for the chocolate setting part I left the slice on the bench top overnight for the chocolate to set. The result was a soft and chewy texture which you can easily cut into squares.
Therefore, the choice is yours which way you would prefer to have the No Bake Chocolate Cornflake Slice to set – in the fridge or on the benchtop.
- 110 grams (3.8 oz) Sugar
- 80 ml ( 2.7 fl oz) Rice Malt Syrup
- 125 grams (4.4 oz) Butter
- 95 grams ( 3.3 oz) Peanut Butter , (your choice of crunchy or smooth)
- 160 grams (5.6 oz) Crunchy Nut Cornflakes , (you can use plain cornflakes instead)
- 350 grams (12.3 oz) Milk Chocolate, melted
- Line a greased tray with baking paper. With the paper coming up the sides about 5 cm. (2 inches)
- Add to a pot sugar, rice syrup, butter and peanut butter.Put over low heat and stir until sugar has dissolved
- Once sugar is dissolved allow to boil and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add cornflakes. Stirring until the cornflakes has all the butter mixture covering it.
- Spoon cornflake mixture onto the tray and spread it around evenly.
- Put in the fridge to set for about 30 mins.
- Once set remove and spread the melted chocolate over the cornflakes and then let the chocolate set at room temperature before cutting into slices.