About this Recipe
In this recipe we replaced the traditional flour spaghetti noodles with calamari for a low carb alternative.
Meatballs: Carbs 0
Sauce & Squid: Carbs 4 grams
- 400 gram (14.1 oz) tin tomatoes, , diced
- 1 onions, , chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, , crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Simone's Savoury Bolognese Seasoning, , or you can use Italian Seasoning
- Salt, , to taste
- 300 grams (10.5 oz) squid tubes, , cut into strips
- 500 grams (17.6 oz) ground beef mince
- 60 grams (2.1 oz) Parmesan Cheese
- 30 grams (1 oz) Cheese, , I used Colby
- 2 tablespoons parsley, , chopped fine
- 1 tablspoon Simone's Savoury Bolognese Seasoning, , or you can use Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoon garlic, , minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- olive oil, , for frying
- Heat the olive oil in a frypan then add the onions. Cook until transparent and soft.
- Then add garlic, tomato paste, tomatoes and oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper and then simmer for 20 mins, then allow to cool. Set aside in another bowl.
- In a bowl mix the beef mince, cheeses, parsley, Italian Herbs, garlic, salt and eggs together.
- Using a tablespoon measurement scoop out meat portions and roll into balls.
- Add to the frypan some olive oil and add the meatballs to it. Fry until they are nice and golden brown. Remove the meatballs and drain the fat out of the pan.
- To the frypan add the spaghetti sauce and meatballs.
- Then add the squid, cook for about 2 minutes and becareful not to overcook the squid or it will become rubbery.