By: Simone Christensen
This Low Carb Lemon Cheesecake is perfect for people like myself that sometimes needs that sugar fix without worrying about how its going to affect your waistline.
If you’re not worried about your waistline you can substitute the almond meal for a biscuit base. I prefer the almond meal in the base, in my opinion I enjoy the nutty taste it brings to the cheesecake.
- CHEESECAKE CRUST
- 20 grams (0.7 oz) Almond Meal or Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon Natvia Sweetener, ground to powder in a grinder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Butter, melted
- CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 28 grams (0.98 oz) ,Butter , room temperature
- 40 grams (1.4 oz) Sour Cream
- 70 grams (2.4 oz) Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 4 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Natvia Sweetener, ground to powder in a grinder
- Cream, whipped for serving
- Add the almond meal to a frypan and over low - medium heat toast it until its golden colour.
- In a bowl add the toasted almonds, Natvia powdered sugar, butter, salt and cinnamon and mix together thoroughly.
- Then spoon the crumble mix into the bottom of 2 serving glasses and put into the fridge fridge.
- In a bowl beat together sour cream, cream cheese and butter.
- Add the sugar 1 teaspoon at a time to be sure you don't make it too sweet for your taste.
- Add the lemon zest and lemon juice (1 teaspoon at a time) and stir into the filling mix with a whisk.
- Test the cheesecake mix so as to not make it too zesty for your liking.
- Spoon the filling mixture into the serving glasses on top of the crumb mixture.
- Cover with cling wrap and put into the fridge so it can set for about 4 hours at least or overnight.
- Serve with cream and a sprinkle of lemon zest over the top.