By: Simone Christensen
A friends of ours made this chocolate cherry ripe cheesecake and gave us a taste of it.
From the moment we tasted it we fell in love with it. It is a decadent and one of those to die for desserts. How could I resist not making it myself for our family?!
We made also sold this cheesecake in our shop. It always sold out the same day we made it, which tells you how good it is.
- 225 grams Chocolate Ripple Biscuits
- 115 grams (7.3 ounces) Butter , melted
- 2 cups Pitted Cherries, drained
- 500 grams ( 17.6 oz) Cream Cheese , room temp
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 200 grams (7.05 oz) Dark Chocolate , melted
- 150 grams (7.05 oz) Cherry Ripe Bars , coarsely chopped
- 300 mls ( 10 fl oz) Thickened Cream, whipped for serving
- Grease a round springform cake pan.
- Crush with a rolling pin biscuits until they are crushed fine. (I used a blender) Add melted butter, process until combined.
- Press biscuit mix over base of pan.
- Put the cake pan in the fridge for 30 minutes so that the biscuit base sets
- Turn the oven onto 160°C or 140°C fan-forced.
- Beat the cheese and sugar in a bowl with a mixer until smooth.
- Add the eggs then beat in the melted chocolate.
- Stir in the chopped Cherry Ripe and drained cherries.
- Spread the cheesecake filling into the cake pan
- Bake for about 50 minutes. Turn off the oven and cool in oven with door slightly open.
- Put the cheesecake into the fridge overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Decorate with whipped cream and grated chocolate.