By: Simone Christensen
I actually don’t remember where I got this Broccoli Chicken Casserole recipe from. All I know is that I have been making it ever since my adult kids were young children, which is about 20 years now.
An easy family meal full of flavour that everyone is going to love.
Also known as Broccoli Chicken Au Gratin.
This recipe freezes great.
Serve with a side of salad or it can be served over a rice alternative like Konjac Rice.
If you prefer to not go Low Carb just use normal long grain rice.
My preference for the brand of curry powder is Clive Of India Authentic Curry Powder, made by McKenzies Food
- 1 whole Cooked Chicken
- 440 grams (15.5 oz) Campbell’s Cream Chicken Soup
- 300 ml (10.5 fl oz) Sour Cream
- 250 grams (8.8 oz) Broccoli , cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 4 Spring Onions , (shallots)
- 50 grams (1.8 oz) Tasty Cheese , shredded
- Boil a pot of water and when boiling put the broccoli florets into the water and cook for 1 minute.
- Drain the broccoli and then immediately put into cold water for a quick dunk. Allow to drain.
- Place broccoli into a casserole dish spreading out so its is the bottom layer of the dish.
- Sprinkle the cubed chicken meat over the top of the broccoli.In a bowl combine sour cream, soup, curry powder, paprika and spring onions and mix thoroughly together.
- Spoon the creamy mixture over the top of the broccoli chicken. Spread it out so its even.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook in the oven for about 35 minutes or until the cheese top is a delicious golden colour.