By: Simone Christensen
These healthy low carb avocado devilled eggs are delicious for a snack or side dish. I admit I have never really been a big fan of boiled eggs until recently. I have discovered that I now enjoy the variety of the many devilled egg flavours I can create by using herbs and spices – not forgetting the added bonus of crispy cooked bacon crumbed over the top of the eggs.
Devilled eggs have now become my go to for a quick on the go snack.
- 1 Avocado mashed
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 8 Eggs hard-boiled, shelled and halved
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Tarragon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Separate the eggs from the egg yolks from the egg whites and put the yolks into a bowl.
- Add to the bowl of yolks the avocado, lemon, Dijon, Tarragon and mix all together well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place egg whites onto a plate and scoop the egg yolk into each of the egg cavities evenly.